Translate

Tuesday, 27 August 2013

I've Lost My Mojo!!!

Yes, it would appear that I have indeed lost my mojo!  That is to say my motivation, my enthusiasm, if you will.  For everything...! YIKES!  Life seems to have ground to a standstill.  This is not good!

I don't know exactly why this has happened.  It could be because I Don't Bounce Back The Way I Used To having recently been on a trip to British Columbia.  I'm not unhappy, no depression, nothing like that.  I always enjoy writing of course, but seem to be unfocused at the moment.  It's not just the blog either; I was so excited to finish the first draft of my novel finally, but that currently sits neglected too.

It could be that it has evaporated in the heat!  Halifax has been hot and humid for the last month and a half; and while the warm, sunny days are great, I find the humidity draining and get really tired.  So perhaps I have snoozed my mojo away!

I'm also finding myself drawn to 'nesting' (for want of a better word) since we have been back from our trip.  It's great to travel, see new places and visit with family and friends, but home is where your stuff is, where you feel most comfortable.  This past week, I had a (very) rare fit of the 'Marthas' and made jam, pickles and pesto from basil that I grew myself!!  Hubby is asking who I am and what I've done with his real wife!  (I am so screwed if it turns out he prefers this one, because there's no way I'm going to be able to keep it up!)

Heck, who knows, this could be another symptom of menopause itself (oh, the irony!).  Whatever the reason, the fact that I was on a huge roll and now I'm not, is more than a little disconcerting.  Routine always helps, so I am back to committing time each day, not only for writing but for researching tips and new ideas for blog posts.  However, I'd appreciate any and all ideas that you may have, for posts that you'd like to see.  Please - help me take a plunger to this writer's block and get the creative juices flowing again!

I hope that you've all had a wonderful summer; and although I don't want to wish the last glorious days of it away, the crispness I'm starting to feel in the air tells me that Fall is just around the corner!

Cheers,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...