Translate

Monday, 30 December 2013

Looking Forward to the New Year


Time marches on!  Christmas is soooo last week!  2014 is in sight!

I hope that your Christmas was Merry and Bright.  Hubby and I didn’t get the one we had planned, but it was very good nonetheless.  There are some things in life you can’t control, the weather being one of them, and I am (finally!) at a point where I can be okay with that.  Absolutely, we were disappointed, but that didn’t stop the fun.



And on the positive side, the extra time has given me more time to write (Oh, no! I hear you cry!).  So I thought I’d do one short post before the year-end, even though I had said I wouldn’t be back until January.  It’s going to serve as a bit of a test for some of the new things I have added to the blog.  This way, if all hell breaks loose, maybe some of you will be too pooped from partying to notice!!

My New Year’s Eve will be a quiet one, spent at home.  I will post more about the specifics next week.  Does anyone out there still go to the big, blow-out parties?  We have the chance to go every year, but these days, I can’t even imagine!

And what about New Year’s Resolutions, do any of you still make these?  Do you keep them?  I gave up on them several years ago.  I got tired of making them, not keeping them and getting mad at myself for repeating the whole futile process year in and year out!!

The irony is that since I quit making resolutions, I have actually managed to achieve many of the things I tried, so unsuccessfully, to resolve to do!  And although I have no resolutions, I did make two commitments – one to grow my hair again and one to keep all the junk off my dining room table.  I’ll keep you posted on how those go!

I wish you all a very happy New Year’s Celebration and all the best for 2014.  Thank you for spending time here on the blog with me.  I hope you’ll be back again in the coming year.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...