Translate

Sunday, 28 December 2014

Was It Good For You, Too?




Was your celebration everything you hoped it would be? Was Santa good to you? He was to me, but then he always is. Though I received many thoughtful gifts, this year my favourites have to be my East Coast Lifestyles hoodie and furry snood (weird word!!).

East Coast Lifestyles hoodie and furry snood!



By now, most traditions have finished their celebrating - the eating and drinking is done for another year, though hopefully not the being merry! Some will continue a while longer as they ring in the New Year at a party. For Hubby and me, a quiet evening with friends will be how we see in 2015. Better to start the year off sans hangover – start as I mean to go on!

Not that I am making New Year’s resolutions this year. Well, not exactly. For 2015 I am looking more at completing challenges rather than keeping resolutions. I am hoping that my personality will accept a challenge better than an admonishment!

In order to clarify which challenges to set, I am doing a personal annual review. I always like to use the end of the year to plan ahead anyway, but this time I have found a way to formalize the process somewhat (more about this next week). I’m hoping it helps me to set specific goals for 2015, as well as giving myself a way to measure my progress.

Before I get to that however, it’s time to wrap up 2014. It has been a mixed year, with loss and disappointment edging out the positive ever so slightly. Not every year can be a banner one, but at least this one won’t go down in my personal record book as truly horrible.

This blog has suffered through the roller-coaster, with long periods of neglect. So, as we say adieu to this year, I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to those who have stuck with me through it all.

I have made some virtual friends in 2014 - people who are generous with their encouragement and knowledge, and from whom I’ve learned so much. Thank you.

Many of my family and friends have cheered me on, and told me to keep writing and blogging. You may live to regret that, but believe me, it is truly appreciated. Thank you.

Goodbye 2014. It’s been a slice.

Hello 2015! I look forward to getting to know you.



14 comments:

  1. An "annual review!" I like that idea. I just have to discipline myself to implement it. Maybe today. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Carol, the idea appealed to me too. I will have more info and links next week, though it is whatever each of us needs it to be really. I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Hello there! I'm new to your blog and I already love that you wrote that you will do some challenges. Look forward to getting to know you and your blog! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Heather, and Happy New Year to you! I'm looking forward to 2015 and challenges seemed like a better fit than resolutions. Stay tuned to see how I do!!!

      Delete
  3. Snood is a very interesting word. I've never heard it before. We had a very pleasant holiday. Family time, low stress, great time. Just what I like. It's been good to slow down catch up and reflect. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently an old English word - my forefathers to thank for that! So glad Toni that you had a good holiday. Best wishes for 2015!

      Delete
  4. That hoodie is the best! And I agree, "snood" is quite a word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These hoodies are all the rage here in Nova Scotia. Santa is keeping me 'on trend'! Thanks for stopping by and all the best for the New Year!

      Delete
  5. 2014 wasn't the most fantastic year for me either - but I'm grateful for a fresh start! :) Here's to 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kimber, there is always hope in a fresh start. Wishing you all the best for the New Year!

      Delete
  6. 2014 was a challenging year for me but I'm going to call it a year of growth. I use the end of the year to reflect on the past and set the direction for the new year. 2015 is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end of the year does seem to be a time for reflection and planning. I'm just formalizing the process for myself this time. Looking forward to 2015!

      Delete
  7. Love the idea of an early review, Donna! Not everything is ever great and perfect, but this is life and we've got to keep it up and positive. I'm happy to hear you decided to continue blogging and can't wait to hear your future adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delia, although I haven't put in as much as I could, I didn't want to waste what I had put into the blog. Planning much better things for 2015!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...